Sunday, March 2, 2008

Time Out

I was sick with all of this respiratory stuff going around the second week of February and in my hurry one morning, I pulled this book from my bag. Teacher conferences came the next week and then I started reviewing for state assessments for my kids. My book sat until I uncovered the dust on the cover this afternoon. ( Not that I need to dust, we live on a dirt road and I've had the windows open these last couple of days. )

Even though we've been writing in class still, I found myself going back to webbing just last week to get the kids ready for a story for Young Author's Night coming up in April. Yuck.

I have to take a time out and go back and reread. I've forgotten parts of what I've learned. : (
I'll be back!

2 comments:

Mrs. Gary said...

Jera, Don't feel bad, unless you just had webbing. I don't think there's anything wrong with webbing on a limited basis. When we are asking kids to write a story for "Author's Night" I believe they need some sort of prewriting piece to help organize and clarify their thoughts. We know there are many types of prewriting activities. Recently, my class commpleted a shared writing story "Revenge of the Mannequins." My class and I loved the whole process. We felt like real authors when we completed it. But, I don't plan to do away with my prewriting webs, organizers, charts, list, and etc.

Mrs. Gary said...

Jera, Boy, I need to read the chapter on editing! I meant to type hate not had.